Sunday 1 May 2016

Some Art from the Vault

My Mother passed away a few weeks ago. She'd had one of the nastier brands of cancer for a while, the type you don't get better from. The type where every treatment raises the question of whether the effects of the treatment are better or worse than those of the disease.

My sister was going through some of her things and found this, an old scratchboard drawing I did back in high school. A DnD scene with an White Dragon, an adventuring party entering it's cave in the background. Reminded me I used to be halfway decent at drawing.

Mom was always very supportive of her kids' artistic endeavors, sending us to all the after-school classes we wanted. I should probably draw more. Maybe once life gets a little less crazy...



2 comments:

  1. I lost my mom almost a year ago - she was diagnosed with lung cancer, we got it early, the surgery was on a Monday, she seemed to be recovering fine and by Friday night she was gone. It's tough even now, and you have my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words and for sharing.

      Delete